Refunds from your Wasps Energy account into your bank account or credit card
- Any credit balances you build up in your Customer Account will be refunded at your request, unless it is less than the minimum amount required by our bank for processing or we consider that it is fair and reasonable not to. If your credit balance is less than our bank’s minimum requirement for processing a refund on your customer account, or we retain a credit balance because we think it’s fair and reasonable to do so, we’ll keep it on your customer account and put it towards your future payments. We prefer, but do not require, you to provide us with a meter read when you request a refund so we don’t refund you too much for the energy you have used. We will always tell you the reasons why we consider it is fair and reasonable to withhold a refund in a timely way.
- If you leave us for another supplier, then we will promptly refund any credit balance after your final bill has been billed and paid.
- We will also run reports to check our customers’ credit balances from time to time. We will call you to discuss any credit over £75 if you’d like a refund of that credit balance.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, we will always refund to the bank account or credit card that was used to pay for the purchase or registered as the preferred payment method on a customer’s account. We may also require to see identification before we refund to a bank account or credit
card that does not fit these requirements.
- If you wish to arrange a refund you will need to call our call centre on 0800 048 0514* Monday – Friday, 9am – 8pm.
*Phone calls: Calling us on a 0800 number is normally free when you call from a landline but charges may vary if you use a mobile.